Planning & Building
- Administration of building and planning regulations
- Assistance to the public on city permit applications
- Conducting environmental review
- Providing staff assistance to the Planning Commission and City Council on development-related permits
The Department is also an active participant on the city's economic development team and is responsible for future planning.
The mission of the Planning and Building Department is to deliver exceptional planning and building city services in an efficient, cost effective, and professional manner.
Consistent with adopted City Council goals, the Planning and Building Department will:
- Keep Healdsburg a safe, attractive, healthy, and sustainable community
- Encourage a prosperous community with a diverse local economy
- Preserve and protect the City’s natural and cultural resources
- Preserve and improve the City’s neighborhoods
- Integrity – honest and transparent conduct
- Accountability –performance ownership
- Innovation – promote continuous improvement
- Elevate public service expectations
- Professionalism – conduct our work to the highest ethical standards
- Courtesy and respect
On July 20, 2020, the City of Healdsburg, Planning and Building Department activated the Citizen Self Serve (CSS) web portal giving constituents and contractors dynamic access to building permit applications and inspections. Read on...