CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Consistent with Executive Orders No. N-25-20 and No. N-29-20 from the Executive Department of the State of California and the Sonoma County Health Official Orders No. C19-03 and C19-15 the City of Healdsburg Planning Commission meeting will not be physically open to the public and all Planning Commissioners will be teleconferencing into the meeting via Webex Meetings.
How to Observe the Meetings
To maximize public safety while still maintaining transparency and public access, the Healdsburg Planning Commission will be using Webex Events service to allow remote participation. Members of the public who only wish to watch the meeting, can observe the meeting by visiting http://healdsburgca.iqm2.com/Citizens/default.aspx. For those members of the public who wish to participate in the meeting remotely, detailed instructions on how to participate can be found at the end of the agenda.
How to submit Public Comment
1. Live: If you are participating in the meeting remotely, public comment may be submitted live, during the public comment period. Further detailed instructions on how to submit public comment live can be found at the end of the agenda.
American with Disabilities Act Accommodations
Any member of the public who needs accommodations should email Shawn Sumpter, Administrative Technician at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-431-3393. Staff will use their best efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to provide as much accessibility as possible while also maintaining public safety in accordance with the city procedure for resolving reasonable accommodation requests. All reasonable accommodations offered will be listed on the city website at https://www.ci.healdsburg.ca.us/406/ada---public-accessibility
1. ROLL CALL
2. ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIONS
A. Approval of Agenda for November 17, 2020
B. Approval of Minutes: None to approve.
C. Acceptance of Communications and Correspondence
D. Declarations of Conflicts of Interest
E. Disclosures of Ex Parte Communications
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS
This time is set aside to receive comments from the public regarding matters of general interest not on the agenda, but related to Planning Commission business. Pursuant to the Brown Act, however, the Planning Commission cannot formally consider any issues or take action on any request during this comment period.
Description: Design Review DR 2020-09, and Conditional Use Permit CUP 2020-02 (Enso Village Senior Living Community)
Description: Design Review and Conditional Use Permit for proposed 221-unit senior living community with a total of 54 memory care/assisted living beds and other amenities on a 16.07-acre parcel on the south end of the "North Village" project site. The proposed Enso Village project includes a total of 427,500 SF of space in two buildings. The main, larger facility contains independent, assisted living, and memory care units and common areas including dining, bistro, lobby, library, spa/wellness/fitness, clinic, therapy areas, administrative offices, support spaces, etc. The second building is a smaller two-story structure with independent living units. The exterior space includes a variety of courtyards and smaller focal structures. Onsite parking for 275 vehicles is provided including surface parking, covered carports, and a car barn which uses a mechanized vehicle lift system.
Location: 16977 Healdsburg Avenue APN: 091-060-037
Applicant: Kendal at Sonoma, a Zen Inspired Community/Stephen Bailey
Determination: The Healdsburg City Council certified the Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) for the North Entry Area Plan (SCH# 2018062041) and adopted related findings, a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program, and a Statement of Overriding Considerations (May 20, 2019). An Environmental Checklist & Addendum to the FEIR were prepared for the Master Conditional Use Permit for the North Village Project (MCUP 2019-04) that was approved by the Planning Commission on February 11, 2020; and the Development Agreement for the North Village Project (DA 2020-01) that was adopted by the City Council on April 6, 2020. In accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Section 15183 (Projects Consistent with a Community Plan, General Plan, or Zoning), no further environmental review is required because the Enso Village Senior Living Community project would not result in on-site, off-site or cumulatively significant effects on the environment that were not examined in the FEIR.
4. COMMISSIONER AND SUBCOMMITTEE REPORTS
5. DIRECTOR’S REPORT
Posting: This agenda was posted on City bulletin boards and the City’s website at least 72 hours prior to the meeting, in accordance with state law.
Availability of Written Materials: All written materials (e.g., staff reports, conditions, resolutions) prepared for items on this agenda are available for public review at least 72 hours prior to the meeting on the City’s website at www.ci.healdsburg.ca.us.
Appeals: Anyone that does not agree with the Commission’s decision may appeal the decision to the City Council, provided that a written appeal is filed within ten (10) calendar days from the date of the Commission’s action
David Woltering, Interim Community Development Director, November 12, 2020
Joining the meeting remotely
· The Healdsburg Planning Commission will be using Webex Events service to allow remote participation.
· It is highly recommended that you follow the steps below to register for the event in advance to simplify joining the event once it is in progress by using the confirmation email.
Instructions for participating remotely
· Go to the following link: https://cityofhealdsburgmeetings.webex.com/
· Enter in the following event number 146 618 6055 in the gray box under the words “Join a meeting”.
· Click Enter
· The next screen will display the Event Information. In the middle of the screen towards the bottom or in the event status line, click register.
· Fill in the requested information (first name, last name and email address) and hit submit.
· The next screen will display your registration has been confirmed and notifying you that you will receive a confirmation email with the detailed event information.
The day of the Meeting
· Open the confirmation email you received from the event registration.
· Click the green button that says, “Join Event”.
· If the meeting host has started the event; the event should automatically start on your screen.
· If the meeting host has not started the event, you may need to refresh your screen a few minutes before the start of the meeting and again click on “join event”.
How to submit public comment
Members of public may provide public comment during the event by participating in the meeting remotely. Public comment may be submitted live, during the public comment period. To submit public comment, please follow the instructions below:
a. Once you are in the meeting, open the list of participants
b. In the bottom right-hand corner of the participant list, is a hand icon
c. Click on the hand icon
d. The hand icon will place you in line to speak
e. When it is your turn to comment, you will be called upon to comment
f. When you are done commenting, or your three minutes are complete, please remember to un-raise your hand
If you have any questions or concerns, please contract Shawn Sumpter, Administrative Technician by calling 707-431-3393 or by email at email@example.com