July 30, 2019
Food Vendors and Free Bike Valet from 5:00-8:00 PM; Live Music from 6:00-8:00 PM
Matheson Street and Healdsburg Avenue
Healdsburg, CA 95448
About tonight’s music:
Tuesdays in the Plaza: Midtown Social (Soul)
Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Come downtown on Tuesday nights from May 28-August 27, 2019 from 6pm-8pm for some live music in Plaza Park for the annual Tuesdays in the Plaza. Bring a blanket, a cozy chair, and enjoy some food from one of the many food vendors on-site. Don’t be shy, dancing is welcomed. This summer enjoy your Tuesday nights on the Plaza! The Tuesdays in the Plaza concerts are brought to you by the City of Healdsburg Community Services Department with the generous support of our community partners.
Midtown Social formed in 2012, this band’s mix of sass and brass is guaranteed to make you sweat just as much as it makes you think. Continuing in the tradition of badass Bay Area family bands, Midtown Social picks up the beat from Sly & the Family Stone and takes off from where Jefferson Airplane landed. Known across the region for their chic and soulful sound as well as their epic dance parties, Midtown Social moved SF Weekly to declare that “An alabaster statue would have two-stepped to that magic”.
This year’s Tuesdays in the Plaza would not be possible without the generous support of several great organizations and businesses who love providing live music to our community just as much as we do. A very special THANK YOU to:
Platinum Series Sponsor
Developed by the Healdsburg Chamber of Commerce and the Healdsburg lodging properties the Healdsburg Tourism Improvement District is a benefit assessment district proposed to help fund marketing and sales promotion efforts for lodging businesses. The goal is to improve tourism and promote room stays, consequently growing the Transient Occupancy Tax which is used to fund the City of Healdsburg Community Services Department.
Premier Series Sponsors
Big John's Market
RE/MAX Full Spectrum
Food Booths (weekly 5:00 - 8:00 pm):
Enjoy fresh food from a variety of local food vendors:
Amy's Wicked Slush
Chalk Hill Cookery
Mountain Mike's Pizza
Need something a little different? Don’t forget there are a number of great local restaurants surrounding Plaza Park. Order some food To-Go and bring it to the park.
Bike Valet (weekly 5:00 - 8:00 pm):
Our Bicycle Valet Parking, hosted by the Sonoma County Bike Coalition, encourages people to bicycle to public events, knowing that their bike will be safe. More attendees riding bikes = less traffic congestion! Keeping bikes in one contained area also always us to keep Plaza Park orderly and free from hazards. The Sonoma County Bike Coalition staff will be on-site to share their knowledge about safe cycling, upcoming events, safe routes, etc. with concert goers.
HOW DOES IT WORK? Valet bike parking works just like valet car parking:
• Each rider is given a check tag. One half stays with the bike and the other half is kept by the rider.
• The bike is carefully parked in our secure (The corral is staffed by at least two people at all times; no one but staff is allowed inside!)
• To retrieve a bike, the user hands in the check tag and the bike is returned.
Night Sky Adventure (nightly 8:00 – 10:00 pm)
Night Sky Adventure is back with powerful telescopes and expert personable astronomers who will guide you through a breathtaking experience you can't get from photos or screens. See with your own eyes, high-power views of the ever-changing night sky. See the planets that are up...Jupiter, Saturn, Venus and Mars. The Moon is always amazing close up. Where skies are dark enough experience a deep sky voyage of star clusters, star-forming regions of space, and even other galaxies far, far away! Night Sky Adventures will set-up on the corner of Matheson & Center Streets across from the Plaza. Free for all participants.
General Concert Rules:
Please note the following rules are to ensure everyone's safety and enjoyment of the concerts:
• Tuesdays in the Plaza are pet-free events. Service animals specifically trained to aid individuals with a disability are allowed.
• Chairs and blankets left unattended prior to 4:00pm will be removed. Please keep group seating as compact as possible.
• Tables, blankets, and reserved group seating are not permitted on the concrete. Pop-up tents and shade structures are not permitted. Tables must not obstruct the view of other concert attendees
• Alcohol consumption is only permitted from 5:00pm - 8:00pm
• Scooters, skateboards, and bicycles may not be ridden in the park or on the surrounding sidewalks
• Barbecues are not permitted in the park
• Smoking is not permitted in the park
Dan Zastrow, Producer
Authentic Audio & Sound