On July 20, 2020, the City of Healdsburg, Planning and Building Department activated the Citizen Self Serve (CSS) web portal giving constituents and contractors dynamic access to information that will enable them to perform a wide range of tasks with a few clicks of a button. Citizens and contractors can apply for permits, request inspections, pay invoices for permits, and more. We are anticipating that the new online tools will be faster and easier than a phone call or visit to the Community Development Department and will reduce the need for in-person contact.
The introductory CSS online permit types available are:
- Apply for, pay, and issue select permit applications types including:
✔ Residential Re-Roof
✔ Nonresidential Re-Roof
✔ Residential HVAC replacement
✔ Residential Electrical Service <200A replacement
✔ Residential Water heater replacement
✔ Residential Siding replacement
✔ Residential Window replacement
- Apply for the following permits which require a plan review:
✔Residential Solar Photovoltaic
✔Residential Solar Thermal
✔Residential energy Storage System
✔Residential Electric Vehicle Charging Station
✔Residential Electric Generator
Other CSS features and benefit are:
- Online inspection requests that allow contractors to request multiple inspections from numerous job sites from a single screen.
- The ability to start and save permit applications for submittal at a later date.
- Shopping cart feature that gives contractors the ability to add multiple itemized invoices at various times and across multiple devices to pay at their convenience.
- Search public records.
- GIS map to locate parcels/address/owner information.
- Estimate building permit and plan review fees.
Please visit our Online Building Services page for more information https://www.ci.healdsburg.ca.us/989/Online-Building-Services--CSS .