Special Event Permits
Enhancing Our Community
The City of Healdsburg is host to many varied special events throughout the year. These events are an important part of our community and can add significantly to the quality of life for our residents and visitors. Depending on the nature of the events, they can enhance our neighborhoods, highlight products and services, provide marketing opportunities, and add to our cultural enrichment.
- Our Special Event Application Packet (PDF) is intended to help you understand the special event permitting process and provide helpful information as you plan your event.
- Please select the that corresponds with your requested event venue and complete a site plan of your proposed event.
- Please complete our Fire Department forms Opens a New Window. and submit the required tent permit and cooking booth form if you plan on having food vendors at your event.
- The City of Healdsburg encourages special event organizers to employ local food vendors to provide services at events taking place in Healdsburg. Feel free to contact us for a current list of recommended food vendors.
- If you are interested in hanging banners to advertise your event, be sure to fill out the Banner Application (PDF).
Special Events Policy
The City Council adopted a set of policies that guide special events in Healdsburg to ensure that each event is successful. Please review the special events policy Opens a New Window. prior to submitting an application, and call 707-431-3301 with any questions on how this policy might apply to your event.
The City of Healdsburg is committed to supporting quality events that are safe and enjoyable. If you have questions regarding the permitting process, please contact the Community Service Department's Facilities and Events Office at 707-431-3303. Please note that you may not advertise an event scheduled to be held on public property until a Special Event Application has been submitted and the requested event date confirmed by city staff.
On behalf of the City of Healdsburg, we thank you for contributing to the spirit and vitality of our community through the staging of your event. Best wishes for a successful event.
- Complete the application packet (PDF) and map (PDF) Opens a New Window. (supplemental forms if needed)
- Initial the bottom of every page
- Submit the packet to the Community Services Department with an $96 filing fee
- Event Applications must be received 90 days in advance.
- After your event has been approved, complete and submit city event requirements
- Pay event fees
- Schedule pre-event walk-through with city staff (7-10 days before event), if required
- For major events, be sure to schedule post-event walk-through with city staff (the 1st working day after event)
2020 Special Events
Please note that we are currently undergoing an update to our Special Event Permit Application. Special Events occurring after January 1, 2020 will be required to use the updated Special Event Permit Application, which will be available in early Fall 2019.