The City of Healdsburg is working closely with the Sonoma County Department of Health Services in monitoring the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
At this time, residents of the Bay Area are still at low risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 unless they have recently traveled to Wuhan or have come in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with this novel coronavirus. Should this situation change, we will notify you immediately via City channels.
We suggest that you go to this webpage on the coronavirus that the Sonoma County Department of Health Services has created; it will be updated regularly. The page contains information on how this disease spreads, what the symptoms are, and what you can do to protect yourself.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has a lot of information about COVID-19, including a global map of confirmed cases, travel information, and information on specific groups, including pregnant women and employers.
What you should do: Practice good hygiene
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (about the time it takes to sing the "Happy Birthday" song)
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then trhwo the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects using a regular cleaning spray or wipes.
- If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home and don’t travel while you’re sick unless you need medical attention
Photo credit: By CDC/ Alissa Eckert, MS; Dan Higgins, MAM