Recycled Water Program Expansion
In 2005, the City implemented a water recycling program that made a portion of the treated wastewater available to nearby water users. Uses of the treated wastewater are limited to vineyard irrigation, commercial landscaping, and landscape irrigation. Treated wastewater is conveyed from the City’s Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP) via two pipelines that extend north and south of the WWTP and via trucks, which haul water to additional users.
The City is now proposing to increase the volume of water in the water recycling program. To increase the volume of water and to eliminate discharges to surface waters, the City proposes to:
· Install recycled water conveyance pipelines;
· Add approximately 1,160 acres of land that could receive recycled water through new pipelines (2018 Proposed Area) to the program;
· Expand the list of water uses beyond those currently allowed in the water recycling program to potentially include: orchards (apple, peach, plum/prune), cannabis, irrigated pasture, direct livestock watering (not including dairy cows), frost protection, and other agricultural uses occurring in the vicinity of the WWTP.
· Add 3,540 acres of land that potentially could receive recycled water at a future date (2018 Program Expansion Area).
The circulation period is from August 1 - September 16, 2019. A public meeting will be held on August 19, 2019 at 6p.m. at the City Council Chambers located at 401 Grove St.
Your comments on the Draft SEIR must be received no later that September 16 2019.
Please submit your response to:
Patrick Fuss, Water/Wastewater Principal Engineer
401 Grove Street
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Environmental Impact Report and Supplemental Information
- 2019 Notice of Availability of Draft Subsequent Environmental Impact Report
- 2019 Draft Subsequent Environmental Impact Report
- 2019 Notice of Preparation of Subsequent Environmental Impact Report
- 2018 Notice of Preparation of Supplemental Environmental Impact Report (SEIR)
- 2018 SEIR Scoping Presentation
- 2016 Addendum to Final Environmental Impact Report
- 2014 Addendum to Final Environmental Impact Report
- 2009 Seasonal Irrigation Reuse / Recycled Water System Modifications Initial Study
- 2005 Final Environmental Impact Report
- 2005 Draft Environmental Impact Report